In a Nutshell¶
Turn videos into data.
OTVision, is a collection of algorithms to generate trajectories of road users in traffic videos. Most of the algorithms have been developed in previous open source projects. We modify and link them to a working pipeline.
- Automated video analysis
- Detection using neural networks
- Can be used without programming knowledge
- Result: Trajectories in image and world coordinates
- Necessary: Windows computer with powerful graphics card (approx. 2.500 €)
Pipeline of algorithms:
- Conversion of h264 video files to other formats (ffmpeg)
- Detection (joint localization and classification) of road users in single frames (YOLOv5 by Jocher/Ultralytics)
- Tracking of detected road users between single frames (IOU-Tracker by Bochinski et al.)
- Correction of trajectories for lens distortion (OpenCV-Library)
- Transformation of trajectories to world coordinates (OpenCV-Library)